Tips and Advice
Here are some very basic and important things to remember for a successful career.
Resume WritingResume is usually your first and sometimes your only impression on a prospective employer.
* Use power verbs.
* Write with a Professional Approach.
* Minimize usage of articles (the, an, a) and never use "I" or other pronouns to identify yourself and omit needless items.
* Proofread, Proofread, Proofread.
Cover LetterCover letter are intended to grab the attention of a prospective employer and increase the chances of your application getting noticed.
* Avoid using a single general letter of presentation for all the jobs you are applying for.
* Refer to the job description and briefly describe how you will fill the requirements.
* Keep it short and to the point.
Interview TipsPreparation is the key to success.
* Plan ahead - Do a little homework! Research the company and the position if possible, as well, the people you will meet with at the interview.
* Be Involved - The most effective interviews are those where an active two-way conversation prevails.
* Be Well Dressed and Groomed - Appearance is a critical evaluation component.
* Provide Examples or Details - Support statements with specific examples. Without them, the interviewer never accepts them as valid.
* Be 5 to 10 Minutes Early - Punctuality is a subtle clue at attitude and behavior style.